First, let’s get it outta the way. Blog writing and planning over the holidays = #fail. Am I disappointed? Kinda, but to be honest, spending almost 2 weeks in my sweats, hanging out with Joel, my dad and Dolly and doing not much else aside from hosting Christmas dinner, eating.all.the.food and reading my book was sooooooo worth it (I read Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson).
So then feeling totally uninspired to write after the holidays (which turned into the entire month of January…) and with a grand total of 0 ideas for how to start this thing off in the New Year, I finally landed on taking a little look back at 2015 and a peering ahead into 2016. I didn’t want to do the classic, “go to the gym more, eat better, take time for myself” post, but I did want a clear starting point for the New Year. As I was thinking about last year, I realized that a ton of seriously awesome stuff happened. And that I should write it all down so that on the days when I’m feeling super overwhelmed and stressed out, I can look at my big list of awesome things and remember just how truly lucky I am. And then I figured that, rather than rhyme off a list of resolutions for 2016, it’d be more fun if I tell you what I’m looking forward to most about this year. So here’ goes…
The Big List of Awesome Stuff that Happened in 2015:
- Kicked the year off as Cinderella (at Sparkling Hill Resort < GO THERE!)
- Started a new job (long boring story about why, but at the end of the day new job = a very good thing)
- Survived living with Joel in my teensy weensy condo (you laugh, but I was concerned)
- Bought a farm with Joel!
- Moved from the city to the country (not that the city isn’t awesome, but I’ve decided that the country is more awesome)
- Got to know Joel’s family much better (because everyone can fit into our house and we get to spend whole weekends together!)
- Shared the first Christmas in our new house with my dad and Joel’s whole family (hooray for LOTS of food, Spotify Christmas playlists all.day.long, a campfire, a Scrabble show down, tons of laughs and a turkey hat that I hijacked from Joel’s dad)
Just a Handful of the Things I’m Looking Forward to in 2016:
- Our first kick-at-the-can with that gigantic garden I told you about
- Making some progress on the cottage
- A visit from my brother and his family (Dear M+S – I wrote it down, so now you HAVE to come)
- A visit from my sister-from-another-mister
- (Fingers crossed) Another trip to Haida Gwaii to visit friends (and hopefully my first tyee)